Mometamax (Gentamicin/Mometasone/Clotrimazole) and/or equivalents
Mometamax Suspension 3mg/1mg/10mgSource Country: Canada
Shipped From: Canada Manufacturer: Intervet Canada Corp
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- This item requires a prescription from your doctor
Description of Monopril
Monopril is an ACE inhibitor (ACE is the short form for angiotensin converting enzyme). The generic name of this drug is Fosinopril. Patients can buy Monopril in form of oral tablets. The drug is available in three strengths, Monopril 10 mg, Monopril 20 mg, and Monopril 50 mg.
In addition to the active ingredient, Fosinopril, the oral tablets contain the following nonmedical ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, crospovidone, sodium stearyl fumarate, and povidone.
Indications & Dosage of Monopril
Monopril is indicated for the treatment of heart failure or high blood pressure. This drug lowers blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
Your healthcare provider will prescribe you the correct dosage after taking into account:
- Age and severity of the medical condition
- Your medical history
- Other drugs that you are using
The recommended initial dosage for the treatment of high blood pressure is 10 mg daily. If required, your doctor may prescribe you a higher dosage.
The recommended initial dosage for patients with heart failure is Monopril 10 mg daily. If the initial dosage fails to produce adequate response, your doctor may recommend a higher dosage. The maximum daily dosage of Monopril for the treatment of congestive heart failure is 40 mg per day.
Side Effects & Interactions of Monopril
Before you buy Monopril online, discuss the risks of using this drug with your healthcare provider. Serious side effects that this drug may cause include:
- Chest pain
- Muscle weakness, weak pulse, tingly feeling, bradycardia (a condition in which heart beats slowly)
- Flu symptoms, chills, fever, body aches
- Uneven heartbeats, pounding heartbeat
- Unusual weakness, easy bleeding, easy bruising, pale skin
- Yellow eyes or skin
- Fainting, light-headedness
Less severe side effects that this drug may cause include:
- Joint pain, muscle pain
- Stuffy nose
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
Before you buy Monopril, tell your doctor if you are taking any other drugs, especially the following:
- Potassium-sparing diuretics (water pills) like Amiloride, Triamterene, Spironolactone, and others
- NSAIDs like Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, and others
- Antacids like Amphojel, Gelusil, Maalox, and others
- Diuretics like Ethacrynic acid, Torsemide, Hydrochlorothiazide, and others
Warnings & Precautions of Monopril
Monopril is not recommended to patients who have a history of hypersensitivity to Fosinopril. Patients who are hypersensitive to other ACE inhibitors like captopril, quinapril, enalapril, benazepril, perindopril, trandolapril, moexipril, and lisinopril should also refrain from using Monopril.
It is necessary that before you begin treatment with Monopril you inform your healthcare provider about your complete medical history, especially if you have or have had any of the following:
- Liver disease
- Marfan syndrome, lupus, Sjogrens syndrome, or any other connective tissue disorder
- Kidney disease
Monopril can cause congenital anomalies in the newborn if the drug is taken by the mother during pregnancy. Inform your doctor, in advance, if you are pregnant. During treatment, it is necessary that you use an appropriate form of birth control.
Monopril may harm a nursing child. Do not breastfeed during treatment without consulting your healthcare provider.
You should not administer Monopril to a child aged less than 6 years. This is because the safety of this drug in children younger than 6 years is not known.