- Browse medications
Bambec Bambuterol and/or alternatives
Bambec 10mgManufacturer: AstraZeneca UK Ltd Source Country : United Kingdom
Shipped from : United Kingdom
Bambec 20mgManufacturer: AstraZeneca UK Ltd Source Country : United Kingdom
Shipped from : United Kingdom
This item requires a prescription from your doctor
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that the source country, shipping country and/or manufacture may vary depending on availability.
Description of Bambec
The generic names of Bambec are Oxeol and Bambuterol. Bambuterol Hydrochloride is its main ingredient. You can buy Bambec online in the form of oral tablets of 10 mg and 20 mg strengths. Bambec is also available in the form of a liquid solution.
Indications & Dosage of Bambec
Bambec is used for treating asthma, bronchospasms, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). When the tablet is in the body, Bambuterol breaks down into terbutaline. Terbutaline stimulates beta 2 receptors present in the lungs thereby relaxing the airways and muscles. It helps in opening the airways, resulting in better breathing.
Bambec is usually taken once daily just before bedtime. You can take it with or without food.
Initial recommended dose for adults is 10-20 gm. This may be increased after a couple of weeks as prescribed by the doctor.
Bambec should not be administered to children without proper clinical documentation.
Side Effects &Interactions of Bambec
If you buy Bambec and use it, you may experience some side effects such as :
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Heart palpitations
- Muscle cramps
You may also experience some more serious effects such as :
- Swelling of throat, tongue or lips
- Low blood potassium levels
- Behavioral disturbances
- Immune system disorders including hypotension, urticaria and collapse
Seek medical attention immediately if you suffer from the above conditions on a continuous basis.
There are some drugs that may interact with Bambec such as :
- Atenolol, timolol, and propanolol; these are beta-blockers and narrow the airways. Taking these with Bambec may cause breathing difficulties.
- corticosteroids such as beclometasone and prednisolone
- xanthine derivates, such as theophylline or aminophylline
- diuretics such as bendroflumethiazide and furosemide
- other beta 2 agonists, such as salmeterol
The above list is not all-inclusive. Some other drugs may also cause undesirable effects by interacting with Bambec. Therefore, inform the doctor about all the drugs you take beforehand.
Warnings and Precautions of Bambec
Bambec should be taken with due caution in the following conditions :
- Heart disease
- Acute severe asthma
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Irregular heartbeat
- If you are undergoing any dental surgery
You should avoid using Bambec in the following conditions :
- Severely decreased liver function
- Liver cirrhosis
- Galactose intolerance
You should not use Bambec if you are allergic to its ingredients. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is not clear whether Bambec is safe for pregnant ladies. It is also not known whether bambuterol passes into breast milk. Therefore, don’t take it without the doctor’s advice if you are pregnant/breastfeeding.
While using Bambec, you must note the following points :
- It is not recommended for people suffering from significant hepatic dysfunction.
- Overdosing may result in unpleasant side effects including headache, fall in blood pressure, etc. Bambec can also cause inhibition of plasma cholinesterase. Therefore, don’t exceed the prescribed dose. Though no treatment is needed as such in the case of an overdose, beta-blocking agents are administered at times. However, you should use these agents with caution if you have a history of bronchospasms.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: All medical content is supplied by a third party company who is independent from this web site. As such, this web site can not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, and /or medical efficacy of the information provided. In all circumstances, you should seek the advice of a health professional pertaining to drug, treatment and/or medical condition advice. Note that not all products are shipped by our contracted Canadian pharmacy. This website contracts with dispensaries around the world that ship products directly to our customers. Some of the jurisdiction include but are not limited to United Kingdom, Europe, Turkey, India, Canada, Vanuatu, Mauritius, and USA. The items within your order may be shipped from any one of these jurisdiction depending on the availability and cost of the products at the time you place your order. The products are sourced from these countries as well as others. Please note that the product appearance may vary from actual product received depending on availability. The content above has been supplied by a third party who is contracted to, and also independent from, this web site. This web site cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability or medical efficacy of the content provided. It is suggested that you always seek the advice of a health professional for treatment, drug or medical condition advice.