- Browse medications
Rebetol Ribavirin and/or alternatives
Rebetol 200mgManufacturer: Merck Sharp & Dohme Ltd Source Country : United Kingdom
Shipped from : United Kingdom
This item requires a prescription from your doctor
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that the source country, shipping country and/or manufacture may vary depending on availability.
Description of Rebetol
Rebetol falls under a category of drugs referred to as antiviral drugs. The generic name of this drug is Ribavirin. It is administered orally. You can buy Ribavirin online in form of oral capsules (Rebetol 200 mg) and oral solution (Rebetol 40 mg/ml).
Nonmedical ingredients present in oral capsules are: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, and lactose monohydrate. Nonmedical ingredients present in oral solution are: sucrose, sorbitol, glycerine, sodium citrate, propylene glycol, water, citric acid, certain natural and artificial flavours, and sodium benzoate.
Indications & Dosage of Rebetol
Rebetol is used together with another drug, an interferon Alfa product, for treating chronic hepatitis C. Rebetol alone is not effective in treating chronic hepatitis C.
The dosage of Rebetol is determined on the basis of patient’s body weight. The daily dosage range is Rebetol 800 mg - 1400 mg. Provided below is a breakdown of dosage of Rebetol on basis of body weight:
- Body weight less than 40 kg – 800 mg per day
- Body weight between 40-50 kg – 800 mg per day
- Body weight between 51-60 kg – 800 mg per day
- Body weight between 61-65 kg – 800 mg per day
- Body weight between 66-75 kg – 1000 mg per day
- Body weight between 76-80 kg – 1000 mg per day
- Body weight between 81-85 kg – 1200 mg per day
- Body weight between 86-105 kg – 1200 mg per day
- Body weight more than 105 kg – 1400 mg per day
Side Effects & Interactions of Rebetol
Severe side effects of Rebetol may include the following:
- Hallucinations, suicidal tendency, severe depression
- Shortness of breath, wheezing, severe chest pain
- Vision problems
- Fast heart rate, excruciating pain in the upper stomach that spreads to the lower and upper back area, nausea with vomiting
- Body aches, chills, fever, other flu symptoms
- Unusual weakness, dark urine, yellow eyes or skin, easy bruising, unusual or easy bleeding, confusion
- Heavy feeling or chest pain, nausea, general ill-feeling, sweating, pain that spreads to your shoulder or arm
Less severe side effects of Rebetol may include the following:
- Muscle pain
- Weight loss
- Mood changes, anxiety
- Stomach pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, nausea
- Dry mouth
- Mood changes, anxiety
Drugs that are likely to interact with Rebetol may include, but not limited to, the following:
Names of all drugs that can interact with Rebetol are not listed here. It is necessary that you inform your healthcare provider about all drugs that you are taking before you buy Rebetol.
Warnings & Precautions of Rebetol
You should not buy Rebetol if you are hypersensitive to Ribavirin. Rebetol is contraindicated in patients suffering from anemia or any other hemoglobin G75 disorder, severe liver disorder, or autoimmune hepatitis.
To ensure that Rebetol is safe for you, tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you have or have had any of the following conditions:
- Breathing problems
- Hepatitis B infection
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disorder
You should not use Rebetol if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant in immediate future. This drug can cause birth defects if:
- The mother uses this drug during pregnancy
- The father was using this drug at the time of conception
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: All medical content is supplied by a third party company who is independent from this web site. As such, this web site can not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, and /or medical efficacy of the information provided. In all circumstances, you should seek the advice of a health professional pertaining to drug, treatment and/or medical condition advice. Note that not all products are shipped by our contracted Canadian pharmacy. This website contracts with dispensaries around the world that ship products directly to our customers. Some of the jurisdiction include but are not limited to United Kingdom, Europe, Turkey, India, Canada, Vanuatu, Mauritius, and USA. The items within your order may be shipped from any one of these jurisdiction depending on the availability and cost of the products at the time you place your order. The products are sourced from these countries as well as others. Please note that the product appearance may vary from actual product received depending on availability. The content above has been supplied by a third party who is contracted to, and also independent from, this web site. This web site cannot guarantee the accuracy, reliability or medical efficacy of the content provided. It is suggested that you always seek the advice of a health professional for treatment, drug or medical condition advice.