Relpax Eletriptan Hydrobromide and/or alternatives
Relpax 40mgManufacturer: Pfizer Source Country : Turkey
Shipped from : Turkey
Eletriptan Hydrobromide 20mgGeneric Alternative to Relpax 20mg
Marketed as Elipran in India Manufacturer: Intas Source Country : India
Shipped from : India
Eletriptan Hydrobromide 40mgGeneric Alternative to Relpax 40mg
Marketed as Auro-Eletriptan in Canada Manufacturer: Auro Pharma Inc. Source Country : Canada
Shipped from : Canada
- What is a Generic?
This item requires a prescription from your doctor
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that the source country, shipping country and/or manufacture may vary depending on availability.
Description of Relpax
Replax is used for the treatment of migraines. The generic name of this drug is Eletriptan. It is meant for oral administration. You can buy Replax online in form of oral tablets, which are available in two strengths, Replax 20 mg and 40 mg.
The nonmedical ingredients present in this drug are: lactose NF, microcrystalline cellulose NF, magnesium stearate NF, croscarmellose sodium NF, FD&C Yellow No. 6 aluminum lake hypromellose, triacetin and titanium dioxide.
Indications & Dosage of Relpax
Replax is indicated for the treatment of migraine headaches that have already started. This drug does not prevent or reduce the intensity of future migraine attacks.
The recommended dosage of Replax is 20 mg or 40 mg. If a repeat dosage is required, take it at least 2 hours (120 minutes) after the first dosage. The maximum dosage in 24 hour period is 80 mg. Do not, in any circumstance, exceed the maximum dosage limit.
Side Effects & Interactions of Relpax
Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects during treatment:
- Pain that spreads to the shoulder or arm, heavy feeling or chest pain, sweating, ill feeling, nausea
- Tightness or pain in the neck, throat, or jaw
- Speech, balance, or vision problems, severe and sudden headache, confusion
- Severe and sudden pain in the stomach and diarrhea that is bloody
- Signs of an allergic reaction – swelling of the face, throat, or lips, hives, facial flushness, extreme skin rashes, difficulty breathing
Mild side effects associated with this Relpax may include the following:
- Mild headache
- Weakness, drowsiness, dizziness
- Mild tingling, warmth, or redness under the skin
- Upset stomach, stomach cramps or pain, dry mouth
If you are taking any other drugs, tell your doctor about it. This is important because Relpax can interact with certain drugs.
Names of some drugs that are likely to interact with Relpax may include the following:
- Blood pressure or heart medications like verapamil, nicardipine, diltiazem, and others
- Certain antifungal medicines like voriconazole
- HIV or AIDS medicines like saquinavir, delavirdine, atazanavir, and others
- Certain antidepressants like fluvoxamine, citalopram, sertraline, and others
- Certain antibiotics like telithromycin, erythromycin, or quinupristin
If you have taken methylergonovine, ergot medicine, or another migraine medicine (example: rizatriptan, naratriptan, almotriptan, sumatriptan, or zolmitriptan) wait for 24 hours before using Relpax. Similarly do not take any of the aforementioned medicines for at least 24 hours after taking Replax.
Maintain a gap of 72 hours between a dose of Replax and a dose of following drugs:
Warnings & Precautions of Relpax
You should not buy Relpax if you are hypersensitive to Eletriptan. This drug is contraindicated in patients with a medical history of:
- Heart disease
- Coronary heart disease
- Liver disease
- Ischemic bowel disease
- Blood circulation disorder
Replax is listed as a pregnancy category C drug. The effect this drug has on the health of an unborn baby is not known. Do not buy Replax during pregnancy without your doctor’s consent.
Do not breastfeed while using Replax unless approved by a doctor. Replax should not be given to patients under 18 years.