Revatio Sildenafil Citrate and/or alternatives
Revatio 20mgManufacturer: Pfizer Source Country : Turkey
Shipped from : Turkey
Revatio 20mgManufacturer: Pfizer Source Country : United Kingdom
Shipped from : United Kingdom
Sildenafil Citrate 20mgGeneric Alternative to Revatio 20mg
Manufacturer: Cipla Source Country : India
Shipped from : India
- What is a Generic?
This item requires a prescription from your doctor
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Please note that the source country, shipping country and/or manufacture may vary depending on availability.
Description of Revatio
Revatio is a PDE5 inhibitor, and its active ingredient is Sildenafil. You can buy Revatio in the form of oral tablets.
Indications & Dosage of Revatio
Revatio is used for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension and improvement of exercise capacity in patients. The medicine works by relaxing muscles, increasing blood flow, and blocking phosphodiesterase-PDE5 enzymes in the body. This medicine is also used for treating erectile dysfunction in men under the brand name of Viagra. You will not be advised to take Viagra if you are already taking Revatio.
You will be advised to take one Revatio 20mg tablet thrice a day. You should take the tablets at a gap of around 4 to 6 hours, and you can have it with or without meals.
Side Effects & Interactions of Revatio
Some common side effects associated with Revatio include:
- Redness or warmth in the face, chest or neck
- Stuffy nose
- Memory problems
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
These are mild side effects of Revatio and aren’t really a cause for concern. However, you are advised to notify your doctor if any of these worsen or persist. Seek medical attention immediately if you encounter sudden vision loss, sudden hearing loss, ringing in the ears, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, heavy feeling, nausea, sweating, pain spreading to the shoulder or arm, swelling on the ankles, feet or hands, shortness of breath, lightheadedness, vision changes, fainting, or an erection lasting for more than 4 hours.
Some patients may develop an allergic reaction to Revatio. Discontinue using it if you develop hives, severe dizziness, trouble breathing or facial swelling. Seek medical attention if any of these symptoms persist even after discontinuing the drug.
Some drugs may interact with Revatio and change the way how it works for the improvement of your condition. Some of the drugs that may interact with Revatio include:
- Recreational drugs or poppers containing butyl or amyl nitrite
- Alpha blocker medicines (e.g. doxazosin or terazosin)
- Anticonvulsants (e.g. carbamazepine)
- Azole antifungals (e.g. itraconazole or ketoconazole)
- Macrolide antibiotics (e.g. erythromycin)
- Rifamycin (e.g. rifabutin)
- HIV drugs (e.g. ritonavir or delavirdine)
- Chest pain medicines
- Nitrates (e.g. nitroglycerin or isosorbide)
- Other drugs for pulmonary hypertension or erection problems (e.g. vardenafil or tadalafil)
Warnings & Precautions of Revatio
Before you buy Revatio, inform your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following medical conditions:
- Heart rhythm problem or heart disease
- Recent history of a stroke, congestive heart failure or heart attack
- Low or high blood pressure
- Liver or kidney disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Blood cell disorder like multiple myeloma, leukemia or sickle cell anemia
- Bleeding disorder like hemophilia
- Stomach ulcer
- Physical deformity of the penis like Peyronie’s disease
- Retinitis pigmentosa
Your doctor will not recommend you to use Revatio if you have been advised not to have sexual intercourse due to certain health reasons.